Do you know why Spotify plays random songs on iOS and PC? It can be irritating – especially if you have made a special playlist. Fortunately, there are ways to fix it.
- Log out and log back in – this refreshes the app and should work.
- Check if you have switched on the Shuffle Mode option – if so, switch it off.
- Also, update your Spotify app to the latest version. This ensures a better music streaming experience.
- If these don’t help, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Doing this can clear any hidden cache or temporary files that might be causing the problem.
By taking these steps, you can enjoy uninterrupted music streaming on Spotify. No more random songs ruining your listening pleasure!
Why Spotify is playing random songs on iOS and PC
Spotify, the beloved music streaming platform, has been confusing some users lately. Why is it randomly playing songs on both iOS and PC? Fear not, we have the answers!
It could be your app needs an update. Outdated versions can lead to glitches and unexpected songs. Check for updates regularly for a smooth experience.
Or, it might be poor internet connection. If your connection is slow or unstable, Spotify may not fetch your requested songs. Result? Random tracks! Make sure your connection is stable before playing.
Also, Spotify offers personalized recommendations based on what you listen to. This can lead to unexpected songs. If you see unfamiliar songs, it’s likely Spotify’s algorithm introducing you to new artists.
Pro Tip: Avoid surprise songs by creating playlists tailored to your preferences. You’re in control, and minimize the risk of randomness.
So, there you have it. Mystery solved! Keep updated, optimize your connection, and curate your playlists for an uninterrupted listening experience on Spotify.
How to troubleshoot Spotify on iOS:
- Troubleshoot Spotify on iOS with these simple methods! Check for updates, restart the app, clear the cache, and reinstall if necessary.
- If all else fails, contact Spotify’s support team for help.
Here’s a true story: a friend of mine had been dealing with random song playback for weeks. They contacted support and followed the instructions – and voila, they were able to enjoy uninterrupted music again! So if you’re having issues, don’t hesitate to try these steps or seek help from the support team. There are solutions to enhance your experience on your iOS device.
How to troubleshoot Spotify on PC:
Annoyed by random songs playing on Spotify for PC? No problem! We’ve got a guide just for you.
- Close the Spotify app completely.
- Check for any updates for both Spotify and your computer operating system. Get them up-to-date.
- Clear the cache. Open Run (Windows key + R), type “%appdata%\\Spotify” and hit Enter. Find and delete the “Cache” folder.
- Turn off hardware acceleration in Spotify settings. Go to “Settings” > “Show Advanced Settings.” Scroll and toggle “Hardware Acceleration” off.
- Try running Spotify in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows. Right-click the Spotify shortcut icon and select “Properties.” Under the “Compatibility” tab, check the box and choose an older version of Windows from the drop-down menu.
- If none of these work, uninstall and reinstall Spotify on your PC.
Restarting your computer after following these steps can help too.
Jane had been working when her relaxing music turned into a chaotic mix of random songs. She searched for a fix and followed the steps above. Clearing the cache and disabling hardware acceleration solved the issue instantly! It was a relief to have her peaceful work environment back.
Take action and follow the troubleshooting steps to get back to enjoying your favorite tunes without interruptions.
We’ve looked into why Spotify is playing random songs and found these key points:
- First, update your app. Updates can fix bugs that lead to this issue.
- Second, check your internet connection. Weak or unstable connections make Spotify shuffle music.
- Third, turn off crossfade or gapless playback settings. These can make it more random.
- Last, log out then back in. This refreshes the app and could resolve any problems.
Also, some users have noticed this issue more on certain devices or systems. If the steps don’t work, contact Spotify’s customer support.
Some people say they’ve heard songs they haven’t heard in a while or new ones that match their tastes. It’s still a mystery, but it adds a fun surprise to Spotify.
So, if you hear something random, remember that surprises can still make their way into our digital world!